|Savitribai Phule Pune University||All Models Are False, Some Are Useful|
UGC - Assistant Professor
Extension : 207
About meI am an Assistant Professor selected under University Grant Commission's (UGC) Faculty Recharge Programme (FRP). I have been hosted at the Centre since June 2013.
Prior to joining the Centre I finished three years of post-doctoral work at University of Alberta, Canada (2010-12) and at University of Nebraska - Lincoln, USA (2012-13). I have a Ph.D. in Physics from University of Pune, India (2010).
I have my special interests in computational material science and photography!
Back to main
I am presently an Assistant Professor selected under the 'Faculty Recharge Programme' conducted by University Grant Commission (UGC). I am hosted at the Centre since June'13
(Superviser : K. D. Belashchenko).
- Ab initio magnetic phase diagram of random alloys using vector-DLM method within Coherent Potential Approximation.
- Routines to calculate Spectral Function within LMTO-based code.
(Supervisor : A. Kovalenko ).
- Electronic structure calculations using first principles.
- Modeling for experiments of organic solar cells and petrochemical catalysts
- Code development on Molecular Solvation theory
(Supervisor : D. G. Kanhere).
- Thesis: Electronic structure of novel nanosystems: Graphane with defects, clusters inside carbon nanotubes and impurity in quantum dots.